you Dream-you Achieve

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

"You may shoot me with your words,

You may cut me with your eyes,

You may kill me with your hatefulness,

But still, like air, I'll rise."
Quoted from Still I Rise, by Maya Angelou

This poem reminds me of myself by knowing that I can fall hard and get back up in a heartbeat. This Poem "Still I Rise" by Maya Angelou seems like one of herself. A brave, kind, truthful, strong lady is my ideal thought of Angelou when I read this poem. This quote is one that can contain possibly different meanings. Well heres what I think: The Quote above is like a symbol of words the meaning of Strength and Heart. To put somebody down thinking they can't get up is a dumb thought. The looks and acts of one shall never be underestimated for the only worry of one should be of themselves and the thought of others well being. People can not be put down, for everyone has the power to get back up in themselves. The verbal abuse by others is what gives one the strength to live on and rise above others and join the ones who have done the same. Maya Angelou will always rise above especially when she is put down or judged. I believe that Maya Angelou is influence to all who may think they have sunk to the very depths of their lives. These words, better yet the poem "Still I Rise" can inspire all. For I think it can better our world of tragedy an dispair, or racism and prejudice.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home